This is a quick, easy egg-free way to get your cookie dough fix!
Ingredients for the cookie dough:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons milk, plus more if needed
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
Ingredients for the ganache:
- 8 oz (1/2 lb or about 1 1/3 cup of ) dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and butter. Beat until fluffy and light in color, about 1 minute.
- Beat in the vanilla and salt until combined.
- Beat in flour until just combined. Add milk one tablespoon at at time and beat until dough starts to come together.
- Stir in the miniature chocolate chips with rubber spatula.
- Spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray, and then fill each hole 2/3 of the way full with cookie dough. Smooth tops.
- Put in the freezer to chill while you make the ganache topping.
Bring heavy cream to a simmer on the stove top, stirring occasionally. Just as soon as you see a simmer (a simmer is when little bubbles appear on the edges), remove from heat and poor over chocolate chips, swirling the bowl to make sure all chips are covered.
Place lid on chocolate chips to trap the heat and let sit undisturbed (no mixing) for 5 minutes.
Remove lid and swirl the chocolate chips with a whisk starting in the center and working outward until smooth. It will turn into velvety ganache right before your eyes.
Once it’s velvety, let it sit uncovered at room temperature (70˚F) for about 15 minutes.
- Take muffin pan out of the freezer and top each cookie dough bite with some ganache.
- Return to freezer, or refrigerator to set.
Cookie dough recipe adapted from WhatMollyMade.com