The Patriots playing in their 7th Super Bowl with Tom Brady at the helm deserved a special dessert. This tart is no bake and uses a microwave to melt the chocolate, what is easier than that?!
No Bake Dark Chocolate Oreo Tart
For the tart:
60 Oreo cookies
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
15 oz (1 and 1/2 packages) Ghirardelli Dark melting wafers
8 oz heavy whipping cream
4 Oreo cookies coarsely broken (put in plastic bag and hit with a rolling pin)
11×1 1/8″ round tart/quiche pan
For the topping:
1 1/2c. heavy whipping cream
8 oz cream cheese softened
3/4c. powdered sugar
14 mini Oreos
- Place Oreos in a food processor and process until very fine
- Melt butter in microwave and combine with Oreos, making sure to mix it in well.
- Press into the tart pan and up the sides. Use the palm of your hand +/or the solid bottom of a glass to make flat and even.
- Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Put chocolate wafers in a microwave safe bowl, pour cream over and microwave 25 seconds.
- Stir (the wafers keep their shape until stirred). Heat at additional 15 second intervals until melted.
- Pour into the tart pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped Oreos over the tart, leaving a 1″ border (for the cream cheese frosting)
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature and soften.
- Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl mix heavy whipping cream just until firm peaks form (if you beat too long it will become overdone and look like butter).
- Fold cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream.
- Place into a pastry bag and pipe rosettes onto the tart. Save the rest for extra on the side.
- Top with mini Oreos.