If you are on social media you probably saw this apple pie made with cinnamon rolls, maybe you even made it! I certainly did, however it created a problem for me. It was so good I kept eating it!! So I got to thinking, how can I enjoy this yumminess without eating the whole thing? Clearly developing self control isn’t an option for me, so I adapted the recipe into single servings. These are just as delicious, and you can pop them in ziplock baggies and put them in the freezer and take them out whenever you like!
Single Serve Cinnamon Roll Apple Pies
2 cans of regular sized cinnamon rolls
1/2c. plus a pinch sugar
2 tsp plus a pinch of cinnamon
1 tblsp cornstarch
reserve the icing
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a large muffin tin (8 total) with cooking spray.
2. Peel and chop the apples, place in a bowl and sprinkle with the pinch of sugar and cinnamon then stir.
3. Slice the rolls in half, then roll flat on floured surface. If cinnamon bits get stuck to the rolling pin just scrape off and roll back into the cinnamon roll.
4. Place half of a roll into each muffin cup, stretching it across the bottom and up the sides.
5. Add the sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch to the apples, stirring to coat.
6. Fill each muffin cup with the apples, then top with the other half of cinnamon roll, making sure the sides meet.
7. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until the mini pies are golden.
8. Top with the reserved icing and enjoy!!